Homes that have been well-maintained and convey pride of ownership appeal to perceptive, motivated buyers. Below are some simple steps you can take to ensure your home is in “show shape” when you are ready to sell.
- Clean or replace carpets and/or other flooring, such as vinyl or hardwoods.
- Wash the windows and window coverings.
- Clean the kitchen and baths until they sparkle.
- Clear and pack away clutter and sell or store excess furniture.
- Clean your closets–extra storage space helps sell homes.
- Paint or touch up any rooms that need it. Use neutral colors, which have more universal appeal.
- Take down family pictures and other personal decorations. The more your house looks like your home, the harder it is for buyers to imagine themselves living there.
- Clean the basement and garage. Neatly stack and store boxes.
Your home’s cleanliness and appeal create an unconscious impression. That impression can determine the likelihood of an offer.
I’d be happy to stop by and offer you specific suggestions to help you stage your home for sale. This is the time for minor adjustments, not a major remodel. Please call or email me with any questions. Perhaps I can save you some time and money.
Are you ready to buy or sell your home?